Friday, October 23, 2009

Life is Good (Warning-long post- photo heavy)

Life is Good- (update on our lives)
Today, the kids enjoyed playing with the leaves that were blowing down from the trees. It was a beautiful Autumn day here in Pa. The kids and I enjoyed the day playing Yahtzee and Blue Clue's Game.



Can't wait to scrapbook the pictures from today!
When we came inside, I found two packages for me!

Scrappy Do sent me this goody bag of scrapbook supplies for winning one of her games during the online crop this month. Can't wait to create with this fun stuff... gotta love the Maya Road transparencies.
Also, Stacy (owner of Marks Paper Company) sent me my prize for winning her challenge on her blog. I received a complete set of one of her paper lines, covered buttons and 2 packs of pens. They are awesome! This paper is amazing and can't wait to start scrapping with it!
On Thursday, I got to join the kids at school to be a parent helper! Clara was chosen as the Star of the Day!!! She was so excited- all the kids stand up and they are given clues to who the star of the day is... 1st clue- a girl (boys sit down), has a brother, her brother is in our class (Bryce)... when she realized it, she jumped up and down and ran and gave me a huge hug... it was priceless. Her teacher is putting her special star around her neck. Some of her privileges include being 1st in line, choose your center, collecting patches and sit on special stool.
Here is Bryce leading us in a "follow me" game.
Clara collecting their patches!
My job during centers was to help each child do a crayon rubbing of an oval and turn it into a jack o' lantern, balloon or man.
Bryce created a really cute man, and Clara created an adorable blue pumpkin.
It was so much fun spending the day with the kids!
Since our Halloween parade got cancelled, Grammy and I took advantage of a beautiful night to take pictures of the kids in their costumes, since trick or treating will be very dark for pictures.




Love this funny face...
I love this picture of the two of them!
Tonight I found out that I won the challenge over at Practical Scrappers! Check out their blog and forum, I am having a blast participating over there! They are going to have a really fun challenge posted this weekend that their design team worked on, can't wait to see.
Don't forget about my blog candy in a post below.
Tonight I am thankful for...
spending time with my kids
spending time at their school
playing in the leaves
watching them in wonder of the little things
Disney Yahtzee
Blue's Clues game
breaded chicken (yum- new recipe Grammy helped me make)
my stars of the day (Clara on Thursday and Bryce on Wednesday)
Getting a lot of scrapping done in my free time
Getting a lot of walking in everyday (man I am going to be buff)
Going back to school hopefully soon
Our union and board meeting on Monday (hopefully will end our strike soon)
getting to spend time with my best friend every morning chatting (normally we get to say hi and go about teaching our day away- but now we have 2 hours at least of dedicated talking time)
scrapping the afternoons away
Saying what I need to say!
Getting updated pictures of the cabin this weekend
My mom and all her support
My sister for just calling to see what was up with us!
Jewelry show on Monday
Living a healthy life!
I could focus on the negative that is in my life now, but I have learned good things happen when you focus on the positive! Life is Good!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*sigh* these photos are beautiful!!! loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee them!!! And adam was buzz when he was about his age! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jessica Wilson said...

I love the photos. They are too cute! The last one of them together is soooo perfect! Glad everything is going so well for you:) Congrats on the wins and the new goodies. Have a great Saturday! Love, Jess

09 10