Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Snow, Snow and more Snow

Well, we can't complain that we didn't get to enjoy winter. It seems to snow so frequently. I would love one large snowfall though with lots of accumulation and NO ice. Bryce and I had a blast after school today building his really big snowman that he has asked to build since last winter. I received a "snowman kit" that we just needed to add snow. It is really cute. After building the snowman, we made snow angels, raced each other down the hill on the sleds, and threw snowballs at each other. It was great mother/son bonding time! We were both so cold, Bryce did not want to come in and secretly I didn't want to either... but I had to be the adult and make us come in. Even though after we made it to the top of the hill, I really wanted to sit on the sled and go right back down. The rest of the evening included dinner, a quick nap on the couch, playing and watching some cartoons. What a wonderful day! I am grateful for sleds and quality time with children.



I took two photography classes so far this year. Here is a picture that I took while learning how to use the functions on my camera. My camera has a function where you can have a black and white photo and only 1 color displayed... here it is the green on the Poland Spring water bottle. I also changed the ISO so that the water bottle is clear and the person behind is blurry.

These are pictures from the last snowstorm that Clara got to go outside and play in. She likes snow for about 10 minutes, then she is done. Brian and I commented on how Bryce is the "winter child" funny that is when his birthday is and how Clara is the "summer child" and that is when her birthday is...things that make you go "hmmmmm!"

Here are some cards that I made this past weekend...

1 comment:

Beth said...

Ooooo-KEWL water bottle pic! When I grow up I want to take pictures like you, lol.

LOVE all your snow pics-I swear you got more snow that us! That little snowman is too stinkin' cute!

Um, GREAT cards! BTW, I just got the butterfly die & it totally ROCKS-can't wait to show you!!

Hugs!!

09 10