Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Scrap That Poetry- Footprints in the Sand

Footprints in the Sand
by: Mary Stevenson

When I chose this poem, I knew something amazing would come from it. 
The design team each did a fabulous job.
I chose to remember my grandfather with this poem.

My Pop Pop passed away July 1, 2004.  It has been almost 6 years.
My grandparents would have been married for 60 years at the end of July.
I hid my journaling which is quoting the poem.
"I noticed that many times along the path of my life,

There was only one set of footprints.
I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in my life
This really bothered me, and I questioned the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
You would walk with me all the way;
But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life,
There is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why in times when I
needed you the most, you should leave me.
The Lord replied, "My precious, precious
child. I love you, and I would never,
never leave you during your times of
trial and suffering.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."

Loosing my grandfather was one of the most difficult times and I truly feel that this was one of those moments where I was carried.  We were trying to have a baby for months before my grandfather passed away and were unsuccessful.  I realized after he passed that if I would have been pregnant, I would not have been able to be a pallbearer for his funeral with my cousins.  The 8 of us (including husbands) carried him.  Bryce Albert is named after him and we truly believe that he has my grandfather spirit.  We had not trouble becoming pregnant afterwards.  I wish my grandfather could have met my children, I know he would have enjoyed them as much as he did us growing up.

Thanks for stopping by and please join us in our challenge this month.  You have until June 30th to post your entry here.

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

He sees Bryce everyday!! I know it!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this page ....that photo is sooooooooooooo precious and i loveeeeeeeeeeeeee that U included the newspaper article! *love it* :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Barb Craft said...

What a sweet tribute to grandpa.. and the photo is so touching!!
Barb :)

glorygirl said...

Beautiful tribute, Jennifer! Thanks for sharing a little about your Pop Pop with us!!!

kabotzo@gmail.com www.biltmoreinspirations.com/kbotzo said...

I love this layout! What a wonderful tribute to your grandfather!

09 10